|Zucchini Onion Pie|
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Sunday, July 22, 2012
1 - 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 c. Mayo
1-2 T. minced garlic
1/2 c. chopped cilantro
1 small red pepper, chopped fine
1/2 small red onion, chopped fine
6 green onions, chopped fine
1/2 t. ground red pepper
1/4 c. grated parmasean cheese
2 c. Colby jack cheese, shredded
Additional Colby or shredded cheddar for the topping
2 T. jalapenos, chopped fine
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
dash of Salt and a dash of pepper
Cream the cream cheese and mayo together. Take your onions, peppers and jalapenos and chop them fine. Add to cream cheese. Add rest of ingredients and bake in a 2 quart baking dish that has been coated with PAM!
Top with additional cheese and bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes! Serve with scoops or it was awesome with those black bean tortilla chips!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Looking for something different? This is another ez make a head dish. You can make it tonight and serve it tomorrow! Just remember to take it out of the fridge for at least an hour before baking it! I like to top it with hot sauce, shredded lettuce, olives, peppers, cheese and sour cream!!! MMM!!!! YUM-ME!
1 ¼ pound of ground beef
1 pkg. Taco seasoning
½ c. water
1/3 c. sliced olives
1 –8oz. can crescent rolls
2 c. Fritos or Doritos
1 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheddar
Brown Meat and drain. Add taco seasoning mix and add water and olives. Simmer 5 min. Separate crescent rolls and press over bottom of sides of 8” or 10” pie plate to form tight seal on crust. Sprinkle corn chips, crushed on bottom. Spoon meat on top. Cover with sour cream then cheese and then top with remaining chips. Bake at 375* 20- 25 min.
1 ¼ c. Mayo, not salad dressing
3-4 T. Real bacon bits
½ c. green onion, chopped
½ c.-slivered almonds, toasted 6 min.
1 c. shredded cheddar
Monday, February 27, 2012
SOS Soup or Salad Tuesdays!!! Here is a yum-me salad. This is great any time of the year! If you want to impress your hostess at a dinner party, ask if you can bring the salad and make this one!! The crunch of the fruit and the tangy dressing make you crave for this salad! What is the name?? I call it Mary's Vineyard Salad!
1 granny smith apple, peeled, cubed
¼ c. cran raisins
1 pear, cubed, peeled
1 c. cashews
½ c. sunflower seeds toasted
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
Dressing: ½ c. sugar, 2 T. lemon juice, ¼ t. salt, 1/3c. Apple cider vinegar, 2T. Onion, chopped, 2/3 c vegetable oil.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Happy Marvelous Monday! Here is an easy recipe for Parmesan Chicken. I am not personally a fan of breaded chicken with spaghetti sauce and noodles. So we make this one! Serve it with a baked potato and a salad and you have a classy, but easy meal!
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
6 T butter, melted
3T. bread crumbs
½ c. grated parmesan cheese
Dash of garlic salt
Dash of paprika
¼ c. parsley
Dip chicken in butter, shake remaining ingredients in a baggie. Add chicken and shake till coated. Butter a baking dish. Add chicken.
Bake @ 350* for 1 ½ hours
Sunday Home cooked dinners! Today was Italian day... Looking for an easy way to make Lasagna? Here it is... You can not beat this .. Slow Cooker Lasagna!~ Put it together the night before and plug it in ....in the AM... Yes, a taste of homes recipe that I tweaked!!! Mangia!~
- Prep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Jar Prego spaghetti sauce, or your own homemade
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 slice) equals 482 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,317 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Lasagna in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p27
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 16 Servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Spread cream cheese into an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Layer with chicken, buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 156 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p17
I went to bed early last night and didn't do my Tuesday post. Here is an oldie but goodie and one of my favorite salad recipes.... Please do not knock it until you try it!! This salad is bursting with flavor!
1 small can green beans, drained
1 small can yellow beans, drained
1 small can kidney beans, drained
1 can Lima beans, drained
1 small can chick peas, drained
1 small green pepper, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
Dressing: 1c. Vinegar, ¾ c. sugar, 1/3 c. oil, 1t. Salt, ½ t. pepperMix. Marinate overnight.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Happy Sunday everyone!!!! Sorry I have been out of commission with a sinus infection, work and then the 24 hour bug! But I am back. I am sorry it has been 2 long weeks since a recipe from me. I don't think I can catch up that many posts so let us just start from here, ok?
Butter a large 13 x 9 pan. Cook 1 box lasagna noodles
Cheese Layer: 1 pt cottage cheese, 3 eggs 1 pt. sour cream, 1 small onion, chopped, 1 T. parsley, 1T. Oregano and 1 T. basil, 1 8 oz cream cheese. Mix together
Chicken layer: 2 chickens, cooked and picked, 3 cans cream of asparagus or cream of celery soup. Mix together. I tend to find these flavors of soup at your neighborhood grocery store rather then the big box stores!
Layer noodles, cheese and chicken. Repeat. Top with 2 pkgs. Shredded cheddar. Bake @ 350* 1 hour. Let stand 10 min. before cutting.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Looks like I forgot a couple days here, Friday and Saturday both!! Well I am sorry about that! I will make it up to you! Here is your recipe for your home cooked Sunday Dinner! One of my favorites is Baby back ribs in the slow-cooker and Carrot Casserole. Yes, from the TASTE OF HOMES!!!! I am telling ya you have to check this out!!!! YUM-ME!
Baby back ribs
1 pkg. baby back ribs cut into eating portions
Garlic salt, season salt and pepper} Sprinkle on both sides of ribs
Place in a slow cooker. Top with sliced onion. Top with your favorite BBQ Sauce! Cook 6-8 hours
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 10-12 Servings
- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soup, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Drain carrots; add to the onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 154 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Originally published as Carrot Casserole in Country August/September 1996, p51
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Spicy Sheppard pie
4 ½ c. hot mashed potatoes
1 pound ground beef
1 med onion chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can 10 oz. Mexicorn
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can sliced black olives, drained
1 ½ t. chili powder
1/8 t. garlic powder
1 c. shredded cheddar
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until brown, drain. Add everything else, but cheese. Bring to a boil. Cook 2 min. Transfer to greased 2 ½ quart baking dish. Top with ¾ c. cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over top. Sprinkle with rest of cheese. Bake uncovered @ 350* 12- min or until cheese is melted.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
What does SOS mean? Soups or Salads! Last week we posted the Broccoli and Cheese recipe.
Sunday, January 29, 2012
Happy Monday! Back to the grind .. I know ugh!!! I am going to pick out something super easy for you for today!
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the spinach, egg, crumbs, cheddar cheese and salt. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Spinach Bake in Reminisce Extra October 2000, p52