Sunday Home cooked dinners! Today was Italian day... Looking for an easy way to make Lasagna? Here it is... You can not beat this .. Slow Cooker Lasagna!~ Put it together the night before and plug it in ....in the AM... Yes, a taste of homes recipe that I tweaked!!! Mangia!~
- Prep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Jar Prego spaghetti sauce, or your own homemade
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, water, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles if necessary). Combine the cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 slice) equals 482 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,317 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Lasagna in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p27