When I was a little girl my mom always had dinner at 1:00 PM! If anyone had to go to mass at Noon we ate right after. She always made yummy dinners like roasts and potatoes or homemade spaghetti or BBQ chicken. We always had a wonderful meal! Today I am going to share with you a casserole that we love. Yes, we found the recipe in the Taste of Home cook book! We love Taste of Home!
This is called the Spinach Sausage Bake. You could serve this at a brunch, or for dinner. We liked either way! Mangia!~
- Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the spinach, egg, crumbs, cheddar cheese and salt. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 each) equals 374 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Spinach Bake in Reminisce Extra October 2000, p52