Happy Marvelous Monday Meal!!!!!!!!!
Monday's will represent my favorite meals. Today we had Stuffed Zucchini and Potato Kuegel. This was simply yummy!!! I think this is my newest favorite meal! We got these recipes from the Taste of home!! They have the best recipes!!! This was so easy and you can make it ahead. I thought that I wouldn't be satisfied with this meal but it was AMAZING!!!!!
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine first 11 ingredients and one can of the
- tomato sauce; mix well. Stir in tomatoes. Halve zucchini lengthwise;
- scoop out seeds. Fill with meat mixture; place in two 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dishes. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over each.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes or until the zucchini is
- tender. Sprinkle with cheese during the last few minutes of baking.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Swiss Potato Kugel
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups shredded or diced cooked peeled potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- Tomato slices and fresh thyme, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from
- the heat; add potatoes. Toss cheese with flour, salt and pepper; add
- to skillet and blend well. In a small bowl, combine the eggs and
- cream. Stir in the potato mixture. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square
- baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until
- golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut into squares. Garnish with
- tomato and thyme if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Editor's Note: The recipe can be prepared the day before, covered and refrigerated overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake for 30-40 minutes.