Looks like I forgot a couple days here, Friday and Saturday both!! Well I am sorry about that! I will make it up to you! Here is your recipe for your home cooked Sunday Dinner! One of my favorites is Baby back ribs in the slow-cooker and Carrot Casserole. Yes, from the TASTE OF HOMES!!!! I am telling ya you have to check this out!!!! YUM-ME!
Baby back ribs
1 pkg. baby back ribs cut into eating portions
Garlic salt, season salt and pepper} Sprinkle on both sides of ribs
Place in a slow cooker. Top with sliced onion. Top with your favorite BBQ Sauce! Cook 6-8 hours
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- Yield: 10-12 Servings
- 8 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the soup, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Drain carrots; add to the onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 154 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Originally published as Carrot Casserole in Country August/September 1996, p51