- Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- Yield: 12-16 Servings
Happy Saturday!!! Here is your dessert for the weekend! If you like raspberries or not you are going to love this dessert. This too is from Tasteofhome.com! You must visit this website!! They have such wonderful recipes! I always thought my mom made this recipe up until I came across it in a cookbook. This is YUM-ME!
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- Additional whipped topping and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set (crust will not brown). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- For topping, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in raspberries. Chill for 20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Spoon over filling. Refrigerate until set. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and mint if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 piece) equals 306 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Delight in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p39