Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Soup/Salad Tuesday!

It is Soup/Salad Tuesday.. you know I never liked soup before. In fact I am not a fan of hot drinks, hot soups or anything actually really steamy hot. I went to lunch with a guy from work to a cafe that serves soups, salads and sandwiches. It is exactly what I have always wanted for my own. They also have a little dessert section. And of course they serve Coca-Cola products so it is a win win. Today I am going to share a yummy soup recipe with you. It is Broccoli Cheese Soup! I have been trying different recipes and now I finally found one that I liked.

Broccoli Cheese Soup

3 cups frozen broccoli
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 stalk celery, chopped fine
3 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
3 cups shredded cheddar
2 T. Oleo
3 cloves garlic, pressed

In a stockpot melt oleo. Add onion and celery cook until tender. Add garlic, cook for a minute. Add broccoli. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook until broccoli is tender. In a separate bowl mix flour and milk. This will thicken your soup. Add to soup and mix together. Add shredded cheddar. Stir until melted. Take off heat and stir gently. Add salt and pepper to taste! YUM-ME!

Mangia!~






No comments:

Post a Comment